Below are listed several scholarships available to a variety of people. See you qualify for any!
Kim Parsell was a powerful figure in the WordPress community. She passed away in early 2015.
The Kim Parsell Memorial Scholarship provides funding annually for a women of any assigned sex who contributes to WordPress to attend WordCamp US, a flagship event for the WordPress community.
The Yoast Diversity Fund will reimburse travel and accommodation costs for speakers, up to €1,000 per event.
- The applicant is part of – or identifies as part of – a typically underrepresented group.
- The applicant has been accepted as a speaker to the conference.
- The conference is a non-commercial event.
- The event is on the same continent where you live.
- The goal is to keep the ecological impact as small as possible.
DonateWC is an initiative that aims to provide people with lesser financial means with funds to get to a (big) WordCamp. From donations that they collect, they’ll provide deserving community members with the following:
- A WordCamp ticket
- Door to door transportation
- Food and drink money
- Internet access
- A once-in-a-lifetime experience
In recognition of the extra challenges certain groups face in succeeding in technology fields and as a commitment to diversity and inclusivity in the WordPress community, GravityView is proud to offer a grant specifically for diversity.
What is included in the grant?
- One ticket to PressNomics 6 Tucson, Arizona, September 11 to 13, 2019 (a value of $488.88)
- One flight to Tucson (economy-class; up to $500)
- Lodging expense (up to $500)
- $100 Lyft.com gift card for ground transportation
- A one-on-one business consultation with Zack Katz, founder of GravityView
You are eligible if:
- You are interested in growing professionally
- You identify as a woman or as part of an underrepresented group in the tech industry
- You have not attended PressNomics before
- You commit to attending the PressNomics conference from September 11 to 13, 2019 if you are selected